Avocado Toast with Spicy Seeds
The problem with avocado on toast for me is that it doesn’t contain enough protein. This can mean that traditional avo- toast doesn’t fill us up for long enough. Adding the seeds increases the nutrient content – think zinc, iron, magnesium and calcium as well as some healthy omega 3 fats.
I only recommend sourdough bread now, preferably rye or spelt. This is becuase it is fermented which breaks down the gluten and makes it less harsh on the dogestive tract.
- 50g toasted Sunflower and pumpkin seeds ( I make 200g and keep them in a jam jar for putting on salads or to snack on)
- 1 teasp. coconut oil (2 teasp for 200g seeds)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon curry powder (1-2 teasp for 200g seeds)
- Pinch of Himalayan or unrefined sea salt
- 1 slice Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 50g vegetables of choice (e.g. red pepper strips, grated carrot, cherry tomtaoes etc)
- Add the coconut oil, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, salt and curry powder to a frying pan and stir on a medium high heat for around 5 minutes until the seeds start to brown and swell up. Take care as they can easily catch.
- Toast a slice of Sourdough bread
- Smash or slice the avocado on top
- Sprinkle over the seeds
- Serve with cherry tomatoes or vegetable of your choice